Virtual Gala FAQ
What is a Virtual Gala?
The Virtual Gala will take place completely online. The event includes streamed program materials and performances which are accessible from your tablet, desktop computer, laptop or Smart TV. The Virtual Gala is appropriate for all age levels. Attending is as simple as clicking Rockport Music’s 2020 Virtual Gala, Our Gift to the Community.
How much does it cost to attend?
While donations are appreciated, they are not necessary. The Virtual Gala is our Gift to the Community!
Virtual Gala proceeds are critical to meet the immediate needs of Rockport Music. A generous donor is underwriting the production costs so that all contributions are 100% tax deductible. Your gift will help us bridge the gap cause by lost ticket revenue, thus ensuring the fiscal health of Rockport Music.
Rockport Music is a 501(c)3 organization; Rockport Music’s Tax Identification Number is 22-2479696.
Do I have to attend the entire event?
Our Virtual Gala will bring the experience of an in-person production to your personal computer or TV, so just like any video or televised performance, you have the freedom to leave or pause it at any time.
How long is the Virtual Gala?
The length of a Virtual Gala will be approximately 70 minutes.
Who can attend the Virtual Gala?
The event is accessible to anyone with access to an internet connection. Click Rockport Music’s 2020 Virtual Gala, Our Gift to the Community
Will the Virtual Gala be available for viewing after June 27th?
What technology do I need to attend this event?
For the best experience, we suggest using a tablet, desktop computer, laptop, or Smart TV.
How do I log into a virtual event on the day of the event?
It’s as simple as clicking on the link available on Rockport Music’s website, distributed through our Virtual Gala promotional emails. Rockport Music’s 2020 Virtual Gala, Our Gift to the Community
Tips for Using the Virtual Environment
We want to make sure you have the best experience possible in the virtual environment. Technology isn’t perfect, so here are some tech tips:
Before the event, select your device.
- Access the Virtual Gala through your tablet, desktop computer or laptop through your internet browser via Rockport Music’s 2020 Virtual Gala, Our Gift to the Community or cut and paste this link in your browser https://rockportmusic.org/tenth-anniversary-gala/.
- Access the Virtual Gala from your Smart TV, ask Siri or Alexa to access Rockport Music’s Virtual Gala available on Rockport Music’s YouTube Channel.
Before the event, perform the following system checks.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes (4:50 PM) prior to the Virtual Gala (5:00 PM) streaming to give yourself time to ensure all your tech works.
- If your Smart TV is not voice activated, you will have to go to the internet and type in rockportmusic.org to access the link to the Virtual Gala. (It can be cumbersome to type in the search field. Be patient. Give yourself a few extra minutes.)
- If you are on a laptop or desktop computer, the performance may start muted. Check in two places ~ the sound function on the bottom left of the screen and the sound function on your device.
- Ensure you don’t have updates running on your machine.
- Ensure your mobile device, tablet or laptop is fully charged or connected to a power source
- Too many users on your internet watching video or gaming (i.e. Netflix, Hulu, Xbox, PS etc.) can affect the quality of your video and audio.
- If you have problems logging into the virtual environment, visit the Support link at the very bottom of the Login page or call Mark Barrasso at 978-546-7391 ext. 127 or email email@example.com.