Adult Enrichment Programs
Rockport Music is dedicated to fostering an appreciation of music through accessible programs for people of all ages and offers multiple opportunities for adults looking to deepen their musical knowledge. From the earliest years of the Rockport Chamber Music Festival, Rockport Music has offered a rich array of educational opportunities for adults, including Diploma in a Day, Lectures and JazzChats, Après Opera, a spring Concert-Lecture series, and much more. New in 2016, Rockport Music takes a road trip to the Met Opera. VIEW DETAILS
The Rockport Public Library provides a discography for the Summer concerts–both classical and jazz for people to come by and listen. Click here for the discography of available recordings.
Visit our PHOTO GALLERY for more pictures of Rockport Music’s educational activities.
- Boston Symphony Chamber Players and pianist David Deveau put the finishing touches on their concert during an open rehearsal in the Rockport Chamber Music Festival.
- Held several JazzChats—informal, pre-concert talks facilitated by jazz experts with the musicians prior to the Rockport Jazz Festival concerts.
- Dinner with David—seated dinner in the reception hall with Artistic Director David Deveau who facilitated a discussion with one of the Festival musicians.
- David Borden, one of America’s most accomplished classical minimalist/post-minimalist composers, took attendees “behind-the-scenes” of legendary Robert Moog’s voltage-controlled electronic synthesizers.
- Dr. Elizabeth Seitz, musicologist, lecturer and faculty member at Boson Conservatory, discussed Verdi’s opera Rigoletto in Rockport Music’s program Après Opera.
Rockport Music enjoys participating in the exciting Town of Rockport festivals and long-standing traditions such as Motif # 1 Day and Harvest Festival, as well as offering free concerts and activities to the Cape Ann community year-round. Some highlights include:
- Young classical musicians and composers performed a free concert and conducted a panel discussion during the Rockport Chamber Music Festival in a program called The Next Generation.
- In a special holiday concert, The Firebird Ensemble presented Jon Deak’s A Christmas Carol.
- The Town of Rockport’s annual holiday celebrations continued with a free community sing-along and holiday film.
- Rockport Music resident musician master drummer Sowah Mensah performed a free community concert of music from his native country, Ghana, incorporating the Rockport High School orchestra in his performance.
For information on Rockport Music Education and Outreach opportunities, please contact Director of Education Stephanie Woolf at email@example.com.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sharron Cohen & Rockport Music Staff
Learn more about Rockport Music’s Education and Outreach programs by watching this brief video featuring testimonials by students, teachers and board members, as well as footage of school programs and student performances.