GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Rockport Music seeks an enthusiastic individual with excellent organizational skills, strong acumen for computer software and social media, as well as a passion for the performing arts, to join Rockport Music’s marketing team promoting concerts and events at the acclaimed Shalin Liu Performance Center.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required. Knowledge or background in music preferred. Attention to detail and follow-through of tasks are necessary. Strong organizational skills with ability to handle a varied workload and unexpected needs are essential. Experience and use of social media essential, as well as strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office. Excellent communications skills, both internal and external, a must. Knowledge of Tessitura a plus. Flexibility with working some evenings or weekend, when needed.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, flexible, with ability to coordinate multiple projects. Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Project Management of Fall-Winter concert programs, including in-house printing
- Update the Marquees and Monitors on a weekly basis, as well as maintaining all marketing materials are present at the concert hall.
- Manage social media marketing and posting for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Manage the Google Adwords Campaign and its budget. Consistently review Google analytics data for web traffic effectiveness.
- Coordinate and implement distribution of posters and other materials to appropriate outlets throughout the Northshore. Responsible for coordinating all extra signage promoting concerts and festivals. Mass distribution utilizing volunteers is done 3/year, but more localized distribution done weekly during summer months.
- Utilizing Tessitura, a CRM ticketing software, coordinate mailing lists for direct mail campaigns, as well as use of Rockport Music’s mobile app for sales.
- Organize artist approvals for video-recording/livestreaming of concerts, especially for the festivals.
- Proofing emails, programs, and other communications and marketing materials, ensuring all text is without errors, links are correct, programs are accurate, etc.
- Organization of digital files, including images, artist biographies, etc.
- Manage the input of event listings on external websites
- Additional duties as assigned, may include writing, formatting/designing collateral, photography, manning livestreaming video cameras, etc.
- Provide support, as needed, for marketing needs to other departments, i.e. Education, Development, Rentals
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years experience preferred. Salary commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time position reporting to Director of Marketing.
ABOUT ROCKPORT MUSIC
Since 1981, Rockport Music has been committed to one enduring purpose: enriching lives through great music. Located on Cape Ann in the picturesque seaside village of Rockport, Massachusetts, Rockport Music presents exceptional musical performances and events year round, including the acclaimed Rockport Chamber Music Festival, the Rockport Jazz Festival, Metropolitan Opera HD Broadcasts as well as an array of other popular music artists of all musical genres. Annual audiences number nearly 32,000, up from 5,000 just eight years ago.
Rockport Music was founded in 1981 as the Rockport Chamber Music Festival. In July 2008 the Board of Trustees voted to adopt the name Rockport Music to represent the expanding scope of programming and in June 2010 Rockport Music celebrated the opening of the Shalin Liu Performance Center in downtown Rockport, designed by architects Alan Joslin and Deborah Epstein and acoustician R. Lawrence Kirkegaard. In 2010 Executive Director Tony Beadle joined Rockport Music, creating and implementing a managerial and artistic plan for the transition and operation to a 52 week season venue. Barry Shiffman is the Artistic Director of the Rockport Chamber Music Festival, taking the role in 2017 after the retirement of David Deveau after 22 years as Artistic Director.
Rockport Music now presents more than 125 concerts and events each season. Past chamber music program highlights include Yo-Yo- Ma, Joshua Bell, Leon Fleisher, the Emerson Quartet, Chanticleer, Garrick Ohlsson, and the Boston Early Music Festival. Jazz, pop and folk concerts have included Chris Botti, Dave Brubeck, Wynton Marsalis, Cherish the Ladies, A Christmas Celtic Sojourn, Judy Collins, Arlo Guthrie, The Kingston Trio and Marc Cohn.
Education figures prominently in the mission of Rockport Music as well. Educational enrichment programs reach nearly 9,000 youth and adults and include school residencies and outreach programs, family and community concerts, lectures, open rehearsals and master classes. Other activities seek to provide music in nontraditional settings such as youth hospices and mental health facilities. Frequent collaborations with organizations such as Boston Children’s Chorus, Walnut Hill School, Pathways for Children and more further exemplify Rockport Music’s commitment to bringing the joy of music to all.