At Rockport Music, we are looking forward to the time when we can all gather together again to experience live music. Even though we are not presenting concerts at this time, we take the safety of all of our patrons, staff, and volunteers very seriously, and have been researching and making preparations for your safe return when the time comes. Our task force for ensuring a safe and clean environment for concert-going in this “new normal” has been undertaken by Director of Technical Operations Scott Rodgers, Ticketing Operations Manager Carol Ciulla, and Director of Volunteers (and rentals) Michelle Alekson.
Scott Rodgers shared, “It is of the utmost importance that we are protecting our patrons and staff as we discuss holding concerts again. With this in mind, we have created policies and procedures to ensure this is always the case. It is quite an exhaustive list, so we are highlighting the core components that form the foundation of our plan. We look forward to seeing everyone as soon as it is possible.”
CORE SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Separate the ticket buyers at entry of the hall using specified designations to expedite seating and maintain social distancing practices
- Intermissions are suspended to prevent gatherings
- Controlled exit practices will be in place for efficient and safe exit of all patrons
- Safe distancing labels and markings will be in place for all necessary areas
- Ticketed seating will be used to maintain social distancing control and customer satisfaction
- Polycarbonate dividers will be set up in designated areas of the lobby
- All staff will be trained in the protocols we follow for consistent standards
- Masks will be required for all staff and patrons
- Cleaning and disinfecting, including the use of Electrostatic Disinfectant Spraying, will be performed after every event and during breaks when the hall is potentially occupied
- Sanitizer will be available throughout the building and hand washing stations in bathrooms will be fully stocked at all times
- Front-of-House staff will be provided additional disinfecting tools to treat high touch areas during an event
Rockport Music looks forward to your return to live musical experiences at the Shalin Liu Performance Center. Many of our spring concerts were rescheduled to the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 and are available for purchase online, including such artists as Justin Hayward, The Bad Plus, Lisa Fischer, and the Adam Ezra Group.